Here’s What You’ll Need
1 lb. (450 g) lean ground beef
2 cups hot mashed potatoes
60 g (about 1/4 of 250-g pkg.) Cream Cheese, cubed
1 cup Mozza/Cheddar Shredded Cheese, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 cup beef gravy
Here’s What You’ll Do
1. Brown the ground beef
2. Mix the mashed potatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 c shredded cheese, garlic until well blended
3. Combine meat, vegetables, & gravy and put into a 9″ sq baking dish
4. Cover with potato mixture & remaining shredded cheese
5. Bake at 375F for 20 mins or until heated through
As soon as Q’s Shepherd’s Pie was in the oven, Emma got to work on her dessert, Easy Lemon Cake.
What You’ll Need
1 pkg. (2-layer size) lemon cake mix
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) Lemon Instant Pudding
1-1/2 cups cold milk
3 cups thawed Whipped Topping
What You’ll Need To Do
1. Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 2 (8- or 9-inch) round cake layers. Cool in pans 10 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
2. Beat pudding mixes and milk with whisk 2 min. Stack cakes on plate, spreading each with half the pudding mixture.
3. Frost with Cool Whip.
Amazing! My kids like to help me in the kitchen but I haven't put them in charge yet. We'll be there soon – keep posting your "Kids Cook" recipes!
Wow! Your kids did a fabulous job – can I please hire them to come over here one night?!
I can't wait until my kids are old enough. My 6 year old daughter desperately wants to do this, but she is VERY limited still about what she can do. The first time she tried to make grilled cheese (of course supervised) she burned her arm 🙁
WOW. I absolutely LOVE this post.
I must do more/teach my kids more.
I blame my mother. She taught me nothing..more like what NOT to do!
Wow! So proud of your kids and of you for encouraging them. I find the letting go of control part difficult 🙂
That is awesome! I cannot wait to do this mine! A brilliant idea! 😉
Great to see your starting your kids off young in the kitchen. My parents started me cooking at the age of 5 on a chair making bacon and eggs. Good skills to learn young.
I dont' know how many others i've heard from that don't know how to cook.
Anyhoo just stopping by from the canuck forum.
Kevin @ Linkies Contest Linkies
Your kids look really proud to help making supper!!!It is really important to educate our children to help in the home tasks!