Do you like it?! Grab it for your site if you do and let me know you’d done that. I’m creating a page strictly for others buttons…
I followed the directions found on A Heart for a Home blog because I wanted a text box below my button. It just makes it easier for fellow bloggers to grab your button.
But let me go back to the beginning because there’s no sense fiddling with the photo URL if you don’t have a photo!! First things first.
I downloaded a free trial of Adobe Illustrator, thinking that this would be an easy way to create a button… NOT!!
1) I took a picture I liked off the net.
2) Uploaded it to Picnik.
3) Edited it. First I cropped it. I used 125 x 125 (no constraints/scale photo) then moved it around until I liked the entire background in the square.
4) Create. This is where your creativity comes in to play. Add your text, change your font up, fiddle with the colours. Play with the photo effects – this was the FUN part!! I finished it off by changing the frame of the picture, rounded the edges to spice it up.
5) Save & Share. It’s as easy as it says. Save it to where you want it to go, save it to your desktop, send it to Twitter, your Facebook wall and of course… most importantly – you need to send it to your online photo album like I did, use Photobucket!
Voila, button created!
Now to upload it to your site. Well, if you have Blogger…
1) Go to your “Layout” tab and select “Page Elements”.
2) Scroll down to “Add a Gadget”
3) Click on “HTML/JAVA Script”
4) Put in the code and press “Save”
The one I got off of A Heart for a Home blog. 🙂