I’ve been home from work since June of last year. I was able to take a few weeks off on sick leave before my maternity leave started. I enjoyed the extra time off with the other 3 kids before the baby came but it wasn’t stress free. We were busy building a new house, packing and getting ready for baby #4 plus my in-law’s moved into our tiny 1,100 sq ft bungalow until the possession date of our new home on August 18th. JZ arrived on August 16th, 2005.
I was hoping not to have to return back to work but with the amount of money we have been sinking into the house to finish it, yes it was a new house but not fully finished when we moved in, it is looking like I HAVE to. We still don’t have carpet in our area of the house (my in-law’s section was carpeted and tiled, it’s 99% complete – just a little window and door trim work left to do). Our living room / kitchen is not done, it’s in the basement of our house. It’s a strange layout and hard to explain. If you want more info… read this! We’ve maxed out most of our credit cards getting it to the drywall stage. We have 2 students that have been paying our mortgage so far and they just gave notice, one will be leaving in a week – the other at the end of the month.
I know that increase comes from the Lord, I know that He will provide, He IS Jehovah Jireh. These things I’ve known all of my life. I’ve gone through financial tight times before and come out on the other end just fine. I’ve seen miracles; cheques coming in the mail out of nowhere. I know to lean not in my own understanding – I rely on, trust in and am confident that God is a God of more than enough.
This is not my issue – or at least the reason I started this post today…
I am supposed to return to my job in less than 2 weeks. According to E.I., I’m allowed to collect a paycheque starting on July 24th. I went to my work 2 weeks ago to talk about my schedule and he pretty much said that he has no room for me now, at this particular time – “maybe September”. The thing is.. by law – he must give me my old job back at my old pay rate. I told him I don’t mind having the summer off – it will be unpaid but we can manage (this was before I knew my students were moving out) . He said that he had to talk to the other managers and et back to me, I did not hear from him again. I emailed him yesterday asking if they’ve made a decision as to a start date, I kinda need to plan my life etc. I heard back from him today. He said he’s talked to the other managers but he hasn’t made a decision yet. If he doesn’t by today’s closing —– then he’ll get back to me when he gets back from holidays —- in 2 weeks.
We’re heading out for the day, I’ll finish discussing this with you later.