Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
~ Frank Outlaw
Everyone enjoys spring because all around us change is taking place. The Grey of winter gives way to new life. Is there some Grey in your life that you’d like to see changed? How is your destiny shaping up? Do you want to know how to change your life?
- You need to find out what God’s Word says: (By Your words I can see where I’m going; they throw a beam of light on my dark path, Ps 119:105 The Message)
- More important that merely thinking and spouting off positive thoughts… is knowing what God says in His Word. Get those thoughts into your mind & heart and using those words in your daily prayers and confessions. Look at the power His words have, just start in Genesis and see what “Let there be…” did!! His Words used through your lips will produce His will and purpose in your life and will catapult you into the light. Find out what His thoughts and plans are for your life! (Jer. 29:11)
- Romans 12:2 says, “Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.” I love the way The Message puts this verse. It’s so easy in today’s society to simply slip into the world’s way of doing things. The devil is a liar but he’s not a fool, he’s subtle. It only takes one distraction at a time to pull you away from where God wants you to be. Renewing your mind requires work, it’s an action ~ no work… no change.
- 1 Corinthians 10:4-5, “for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh (physical), but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. (In as much) We are destroying speculations and every proud and lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,” Take captive every loose thought, emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. If we want to succeed in this life and make the biggest impact on this world… we can’t afford to let our minds simply wonder. This is another thing that requires work, it’s an action ~ no work… no change.
- Philippians 4:6-9 has got to be one of my favourite Scriptures off all times. It’s one that I have printed around the house and read out loud very often, especially when I’m having troubles finding something positive to say and feel so negative. Print out verse 8 and make it your shopping list for daily thoughts and words.
Did you know that thoughts are seeds?
They are ~ they produce. Proverbs tells us, “as a man thinks in his heart so is he” and Jesus said, “out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks”. What we believe and how we live starts with what we think. Where is your mind today? What does your life look like today? If you don’t like it — change your thinking and it will begin to change your world.
So what’s the next step in bringing a bit more spring into your life… watch your words… but more on that later! 🙂