I thought Old Man Winter was NEVER going to leave!!!
We had the longest and coldest winter this year. I’m not being Canadian and doing what all Canadians do… complaining about the cold Canadian winters… we actually broke records, a few of them, dating back a 100 years. These aren’t record-breaking moments we want to celebrate. In fact, there are still Icebergs floating like miniature Islands in our Great Lakes. It was cold. Nasty, nasty cold.
Don’t get me wrong, we are hearty Canadians who can have fun in the deep snow. But around the beginning of May it was still snowing… I had to put my foot down, enough is enough.
Then all of a sudden it was like God turned on a heat lamp. BAM!! Hello summer, but have you seen Spring?
I won’t complain. I won’t complain. I won’t complain.
|Maple Glazed Salmon on Cedar|
One of the things I love about the warmer weather…. our barbeque – BBQ gets a workout!! Oh that reminds me, I need to pick up another propane tank soon… It’s been lunch and dinner almost every day on the barbie and when I find a recipe for a breakfast meal… hmmm I wonder if BBQ’d french toast would work?
I’ve been busy barbequing – zucchini, pizza, asparagus, eye of round steak, chicken breasts, hamburgers, T-bone steaks, pineapple, hotdogs, chicken shish-kabobs, and peaches. Last night, Dave made grilled chicken salad for us.
Oh I can taste that grilled goodness now!
While we’ve been perfecting our grilling skills outside, the kids – who love to be in the kitchen – are improving their smoothie making skills on the inside. From the oldest to the youngest, they each experiment with a new ingredient, until they’ve found what they like the best. Being part of their taste-testing panel is a tough job but somebody’s got to do it!
Do you know how high a smoothie goes when you turn on the blender without the lid on?? … I do!!
But it’s hard to get mad at them for the mess when they look like this and the smoothie’s taste so good. 🙂
What’s your favourite food to grill?
What are your favourite smoothie ingredients?
Here’s one of my favourite Grilling Recipes by Kraft.
What you’ll need for a family my size:
- 8 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Kraft Sun-Dried Tomato & Oregano Dressing, divided
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 cup Kraft 4 Cheese Italiano Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
How to make it:
- Heat barbeque to medium heat
- Cover half the barbeque grate with large sheet of heavy-duty foil. Meanwhile, place chicken in a shallow dish. Drizzle with 4 TBSP. dressing.
- Place chicken on uncovered side of barbeque grill; grill 6 min. Meanwhile, combine remaining dressing, tomatoes, cheese, and basil.
- Turn chicken over; place on foil-covered grill. Top with tomato mixture. Grill 8 min. or until chicken is done 170F.
I am part of Kraft Canada What’s Cooking Ambassadorship. I receive compensation in return for bringing you some delicious recipes. Ones I make often in my home for my family.