|Single Mom of Two|
I started this blog when one of my new Twitter friends (yes, I am a Twitter fan) told me that they would like to hear more about my single mom life and not just about the dating (or lack thereof) portion.
I also know there are many other single moms out there that may like to read about someone who experiences similar events or moms that may be looking for community support. I am by no means an expert in Family Law but I am an expert in listening and sharing.
If you enjoy what you read or would like to contribute, I would love to hear from you. If you don’t like what you read, well, then you can abide by the sign my eldest and I put on our front door “Be nice or leave”.
Coffee drinker? Not at all. Never could stomach the taste. All natural energy here!
1. What drew you to blogging? Never was one to journal – didn’t want to leave any evidence. Was a huge barrier to mental health, figured, well, might as well be as open as possible, this way it’s not evidence, it’s general knowledge!
2. How do you characterize yourself? Single mom who has a story
3. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? My first thought was omnipotence but then I realized with great knowledge comes great hurt. So… how about flying? What a cool birthday party I could give my children!
- Food – Mashed potatoes with gravy, roast beef, corn on the cob and green beans.
- Colour – Pink
- Movie – All Disney cartoons!
- Book – Too many to list, trying to work my way through the list of ‘Top 100 Books Everyone Should Read’
- TV show – Not a huge fan of TV, don’t even have cable!
- Blog – www.singlemomoftwo.com & www.canadiansinglegirls.com
5. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received? That I am a good writer.
6. What playlist/CD is in your CD player/iPod right now? My 9yo son’s mix
7. Are you a night owl or a morning person? As I’m filling this out at 12:51am I guess that would make me more of a night owl, however, really I am at my best between 10am-2pm…
8. Do you prefer dogs or cats? How about just animals? We currently have a dog, a cat, a lizard and a guinea pig.
9. Where would you visit if you had the chance? I would take my children back to the Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls. If it was just me then Bermuda.
10. What’s your favourite Canadian city? So far it’s Victoria but I would still like to reserve my choice until I have visited Halifax, Montreal and Tofino
If you’d like to be featured in my Friday Feature of Fabulous Canadian Bloggers, please send me an email at shannon dot mischuk at gmail dot com or send me a DM on Twitter, you’ll find me @shasherslife.